Afternoon Tea Week is almost here!
Did you know that we drink 165 million cups of tea a day in the UK? 98% of us like our tea with milk; 30% of us add sugar.
However you take your tea, do it for a good cause!
We’re asking you to host a tea party, between 14th – 20th August to raise money for The Hospice of St Francis. Ask your friends round for a get together, organise one at work or get the kids involved at school.
It really is simple, here’s how to host a brew-lliant tea party…
- Decide on your tea party theme – vintage tea party, mad hatters fancy dress, teddy bears picnic or a classic bake sale.
- Fix a date and venue – think about how many people you would like to invite and whether you’d like a formal indoor event or casual outdoor picnic.
- Send out your invites – whatsapp, email, facebook and posters should do the job.
- Get baking or buying (we won’t judge, honest). Ask a few friends to help too.
- Why not add tea themed games or a raffle on the day to help maximise your fundraising? Download our afternoon tea quiz, try the tea tray memory game, guess the flavour of the tea or guess the weight of the cake!
Download our quiz here (answers can be found below)
For fundraising materials including branded buckets, banners and balloons or extra hints, tips and help contact the Community Fundraising team on 01442 869555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Afternoon Tea Quiz Answers 1) China 2) 1840 3) Anna, 7th Duchess of Bedford 4) read tea leaves 5) almonds 6) Ireland 7) Garibaldi 8) 6150 9) Fluoride 10) Genoise 11) Ginger 12) Shanks & Bigfoot
Fancy something else?
From coffee mornings to skydives, discos to duathlons, there are literally thousands of ways you can raise money to help support our care for people living with life-limiting illnesses in West Herts and South Bucks.
You could participate in one of the events we’re organising like our Bubble Rush or Santa Dash. Check our events calendar to see all the upcoming activities you could take part in for the Hospice.
Or perhaps you’ve already chosen your own challenge? Are you running a marathon or a 5K race? Climbing a mountain? Stopping smoking? Running a quiz? Trekking somewhere exciting? Perhaps you could share your hard work and success with us!
We’ll provide the support and be cheering you on, whatever the challenge you choose for yourself! For support in planning your event please call our fundraising team on 01442 869555 or e-mail email@example.com