Saturday 29th June
Join us on a sponsored 6 mile walk, for a chance to remember, reflect and share precious memories of our loved ones.
Come together with family and friends for an uplifting celebration of your most cherished memories on Saturday 29th June.
In our fortieth year we wanted to do something special, so we will be changing things up and re-tracing our steps through Berkhamsted for the very first time. Our new six mile route will start at the Cricket Club taking in the historic ruins of Berkhamsted Castle followed by a stroll along the canal towards Northchurch before making our way up to the Hospice, and then heading back in time with a nod to Shrublands before finally lighting a candle in the place where it all began; St Peter’s Church.
With every step taken and every penny raised you will be helping to fortify the hospice, allowing us to support more and more local people and their families so that they can live their precious lives well with us for the next forty years and beyond.
This year we really want to make a difference so instead of offering a free t-shirt and medal to walkers, we encourage you to honour your loved one and wear their favourite colour (or something that reminds you of them).
Pop along to our decoration station on the night and pick up a back sign to embellish and personalised messages, that can be pinned on for the duration of the walk - if you would like to work on it before hand just let us know.
You also will receive a little memento to take away with you on the night.
Adult - £15
Child (under 18) - £5
A few things we thought you might like to know:
- Registration on the night will open at 7.00pm, with walkers departing at 07.30pm
- Parking will be available
- We expect that the speediest among you will start to cross the finish line from 9.30pm with everyone back by 11.30pm
- Although we expect to cover the more poorly lit parts of the route before the sun sets, we do advise that you bring your own light/torch just in case.
- Please wear comfy shoes and suitable clothing; over the course of the 6 miles you will be walking across multiple terrain's including grass, road, footpath and towpath. See a glimpse of our fantastic new route below.
Please note that while we will visit all the shown landmarks, the above image is not the finalised route, nor is it to scale.