Venue: Stanborough Centre, Garston, Watford
Tuesday, 16th October 2018
09:30 - 16:00
About the Course:
Following on from our successful scoping session in 2017 we have recognised a need for education in this area. This one day course aims to bring health care professionals from both disciplines together with the primary objective of learning from each other. The programme will allow for collaborative work during sessions alongside separate sessions for each discipline. This session will be led by Karenann Spicer, Director of Education and Research in collaboration with the Hertfordshire Hospice Consortium and HPFT mental health team.
All mental health and generalist/specialist palliative care professionals with an interest in supporting patients with these dual needs
Content - Mental Health
- What is palliative/end of life care?
- What does a hospice actually do?
- Recognising dying
- Tools used in palliative care
Content - Palliative Care
- What is mental health care?
- A brief understanding of conditions within mental health
- Drugs used to support patients' mental health needs
- Understanding mental health services and how to refer
Drug interactions with mental health and palliative and palliative care mendication
The Hospice of St Francis
Click here to download our event flyer
Booking via firstname.lastname@example.org