Acorn Suite, The Hospice of St Francis
Available Course Dates:
Autumn 2019 Course: Monday 16th September to Wednesday 13th November
Spring 2020 Course: Monday 20th April to Wednesday 17th June
Autumn 2020 Course: Monday 14th September to Wednesday 11th November
Course Fee: £450
About the Course:
Developed at Princess Alice Hospice in 2001. This course is now offered at a range of sites both nationally and internationally – including The Hospice of St Francis, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. It is an eight week distance learning, mult-professional programme. Suitable for professionals who have direct contact with patients requiring a palliative approach and care.
Carried out at a distance from the chosen site, please note however, attendance at the local site assessment day is mandatory. It is recommended you carry out around 50 hours personal study, but this will vary depending on previous experience of palliative care.
The course covers:
- What is palliative care and who is it for?
- Symptom issues in palliative care
- Patients with emergency conditions
- Patients in the last 48 hours of life
- Breaking bad news to patients and families
- Bereavement and support
Candidates will receive:
- Course Handbook containing the core text material
- Access to the Princess Alice Hospice virtual learning environment – learningzone.pah.org.uk
- Allocated a facilitator who will support them through their portfolio submission. The facilitators are experienced practitioners in specialist palliative care, who will be available by email or telephone.
- Awarded the Princess Alice Hospice European Certificate of Essential Palliative Care upon successful completion.
How do I book?
For enquiries and to book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download our ECEPC Course Flyer