The Hospice of St Francis is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Hospice of St Francis may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18 March 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and date of birth
- contact information including address, telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- credit and debit card details
- other information relevant to donations, GiftAid, surveys and/or events
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about our supporters unless there is a legitimate reason for this.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide you with services, products or information you have requested;
- to provide further information about our work, services, activities or products;
- to process donations or payments we have received from you;
- to further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities;
- to fulfill sales made online or through our shops;
- to invite voluntary participation in research or surveys;
- to register and administer your participation in events for which you have registered;
- to analyse and improve our work, services, activities, products or information (including our website) or for our internal records;
- to use IP addresses and monitor website use to identify locations, block disruptive use, record website traffic or personalise the way information is presented to you;
- for administration purposes (e.g. contact about an event you have registered for);
- to process your application for a job or volunteer role with us
- for fraud prevention, credit risk reduction or otherwise as required by law or regulation.
- for internal record keeping.
Care and support services
If you, a relative, or friend are cared for or supported by The Hospice of St Francis, the personal and/or sensitive personal information you provide to us will be used only for the purposes of providing you with services, or training or monitoring the quality of our services. The Hospice of St Francis will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except to (i) healthcare professionals and organisations involved in the provision of care and (ii) exceptionally, to professional bodies or otherwise as required by law, regulation or codes of practice.
We will not use your information for other purposes without your permission.
Please click on the following link to see The Hospice of St Francis Patient Information Leaflet: How we use your health records
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- The last search term that you used within the site
- Your preference in terms of accessible viewing options
- A unique ID to track your session from page to page, which is vitally important should you sign into the site
- Which page you are looking at within a multi-paged index of content, or search results.
Certain cookies are persistent, meaning that they last beyond your session, enabling an enhanced user-experience when you return to the site. Again, a non-exhaustive list of examples of the use of persistent cookies includes:
- The option to “Remember my username” when signing-in to the site
- The fact that you have voted in a poll, so that you are prevented from voting multiple times
This site uses Google Analytics (www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics) to allow us to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time. Google Analytics uses a cookie to help track which pages are accessed. The cookie contains no personally-identifiable information, but it does use your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the site from, and to track your page visits within the site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want to receive any further information
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for sending further information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Fundraising Department, The Hospice of St Francis Spring Garden Lane Off Shootersway Northchurch Berkhamsted HP4 3GW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.