An integrated and holistic approach to wellbeing offering free support and opportunities for:
- Those recently diagnosed, living with or recovering from a serious potentially life shortening illness
- Their families, carers and friends
- The community
A centre for care - we will meet you and work with you to choose the best services to improve your health, wellbeing, independence and confidence
- Specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment including: acupuncture, musculoskeletal disorders, respiratory and neurological conditions.1:1 and group sessions are offered.
- Occupational Therapy to enable people to live life their way by encouraging strategies and making adaptation to achieve goals.Including group fatigue management workshops, HOPE course, 1:1 advice and vocational advice and education.
- Complementary therapy We strongly believe that complementary therapies can work together with medical and nursing care to improve your wellbeing, reduce anxiety and help you to cope with your illness.
- Specialist medical and nursing assessment including our Specialist Prostate Nurse.
- Family and psychological support family therapy provides a space for families to share difficult conversations and perhaps come to see things from a different perspective.
- Creative Therapy is utilised in a variety of ways to support meaningful occupation and psychological support.
- Spiritual support by this we mean we are interested in whatever lifts your spirit! This might be your faith, football, family, TV or your love of music.
- Social work team offer a wide range of support to patients and their families, from emotional support to practical help with housing and accessing other services including financial information and advice provided by Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Carer Support Coordinators and other members of the Supportive Care and Community Nurses Team provide individual carers' assessments to help you to identify support that is most appropriate to you in your role as a carer on an appointment basis.
- Bereavement support team offer to work with you to understand the nature of your loss, so that an effective and personalised approach to counselling or therapy can be identified.
- Children’s Services offer support to children when there is significant illness in the family before and after bereavement
A centre to learn - an opportunity to understand more about the problems you face and how to take control of your illness and plan ahead. We are also a centre for education and research where your experiences and views make a difference to care. For a full calendar of events please click here.
A centre to meet and talk - a beautiful space to meet others, sit and think, go online, or just have a coffee
A centre to relax and create - we offer complementary therapy treatments and creative workshops to support relaxation and expression
A centre to get involved in- a community hub, a place for meeting, support, workshops and learning, singing, watching films, and much more!
Here is just a selection of what is currently running:
- The Hospice of St Francis Community Choir
- Coffee morning and tours of the Hospice
- Film Forum
- Running Club
- Annual Art Exhibition
- Carers Pamper Afternoons
Please click here for a full calendar of clinics, programmes, groups and community events.
The Spring Centre is working in collaboration with the Starlight Centre at Peace Hospice Care in Watford - we are sharing many ideas and initiatives.
Want to know more?
Drop in to The Spring Centre and discover what's on offer
Phone us on 01442 869550
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To refer- Please call 01442 869 550 or if you are a professional, refer your patients here. Tick 'Spring Centre' and we will meet with your patient or carer to agree what would help most.
Access- free parking on site with ground level access
Family and friends are welcome to join you on your visit
How to find us
- The Spring Centre at The Hospice of St Francis is located just north of Berkhamsted Town Centre.
- For satellite navigation devices, please use the postcode HP4 3TX.
- Our Reception for The Spring Centre is the second entrance to the building upon arrival.